Saturday, June 28, 2008

Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay

We figured snorkeling was one thing we needed to do before we left here. We had put the activity off until my mom and grandma came. We left the house this morning at 5 to make sure we got at least three good hours of small crowd snorkeling. I was a little nervous when we were told a bunch of jellyfish had come into the bay because of the full moon(yeah not really sure why that has anything to do with it but that is what were told). After getting on our gear and learning how to breathe under the water, it only took us about two minutes to spot a jellyfish and another thirty seconds for Chelce to get stung. I did not handle that well. I was really brave though and took a little tour in the other direction and was able to see some pretty cool sea creatures. My mom loved it and we even got my grandma in the water. For anyone who knows my grandma that is quite the feat.

The only good thing about leaving at 5 was we got to watch the sun rise.


Us in our gear ready to go.

And this is proof of Chelce's jellyfish encounter.

3 comments:

TODD + ANNIE said...

Hanauma Bay is so gorgeous! That was smart to get up that early and go. It looks like you have fit in about all you could in the time you were there, and now you are coming home tomorrow! YEAH!!!! Can't wait.

Marchant Family said...

Wow jealousy does not even come close to describing what I feel after looking at your blog!! How fun, you three are just beautiful and it looks like you've had a blast there!!

carly said...

whitney. its me!