Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Surfs Up!

We finally decided to try the whole surfing thing. Some good friends were willing to take us beginners out and try to teach us how it is done. There were only two extra board so we had to go in shifts and while I was waiting I learned how to boogy board too. There are not many shots of us out there because there was no one to run the camera but I swear we did it. It was a little harder than it looked and we got worked a few times. Swallowed some salt water, bruised our ribs and even got a little board rash( kind of like road rash, but from a surf board). Our teachers were very patient and even offered to take us again. Who knows, maybe we will be pros by the time we come home:)











6 comments:

Emily said...

Hey Whitney! It looks like you're having a blast! Hawaii sounds so nice right now. Yeah, I am going to have a little boy here in a few weeks. I am due the 25th. Crazy! It's so fun and exciting. How is everything going for you?

TODD + ANNIE said...

Whit, that is so awesome that you are a pro surfer now. And your Jonny Lingo friend is a cutie. Thanks for updating your blog. I may have something to say on mine in a few days. It was good to talk to you the other day. KEEP HAVING FUN.

Mandy and Brian said...

I think I hate you....

The Woolstenhulme Family said...

Whitney,
I found your blog off of Janie's. It looks like you are having so much fun. Tell Chelce hi for me. I am so jealous of all of you there!

Adam & Kenzie said...

Look at your mad skills. That looks so fun! I'm so jealous! Love the blog. So cute! Miss ya!

Matt L. said...

hey! it looks like you're having so much fun out in hawaii!